Green with the New York Jets in 2009
|No. 95, 94|
|Born:|| (1979-01-12) January 12, 1979 (age 43)|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||340 lb (154 kg)|
|High school:||Donaldsonville (LA)|
|NFL Draft:||2002 / Round: 6 / Pick: 190|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com|
Howard Green Jr. (born January 12, 1979) is a former American football nose tackle who played professionally in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round of the 2002 NFL draft. He played college football at Louisiana State University for the LSU Tigers football team.
Green has also played for the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins, New York Jets, and the Green Bay Packers with whom he won Super Bowl XLV against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Green signed with the Baltimore Ravens. He played just one game and without recording a single stat.
New Orleans Saints
Green signed with the New Orleans Saints. He played with the team for 2 seasons, playing in 18 games total. Green started in 12 games with the Saints, all in 2004.
In 2007 Green signed with the Seattle Seahawks. He played 18 games and recorded 28 tackles and one sack during his tenure.
New York Jets
He signed with the New York Jets for the 2009 season.
Green was signed to a one-year deal by the Washington Redskins on April 19, 2010. It was expected that he would compete for the starting job at nose tackle however, Green was released from the Redskins on September 4, 2010.
New York Jets (second stint)
Green Bay Packers
Green was claimed off waivers by the Green Bay Packers on October 27, 2010. Green was signed in an effort to boost the Packers' injury-depleted roster. He was an assistant specialist with fellow nose tackle B. J. Raji in the 3–4 defense. In Super Bowl XLV against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green was able to hit quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's arm forcing an interception that was returned for a touchdown. The Packers eventually won the game 31–25.
- ^ a b Wilson, Aaron (April 19, 2010), "Source: Howard Green signs with the Redskins", NationalFootballPost.com, National Football Post, archived from the original on May 23, 2010, retrieved October 26, 2010
- ^ Fitzgerald, Gary (September 4, 2010), "Redskins' Roster At 53 After Parker, 18 Others Released", Redskins.com, Washington Redskins, archived from the original on November 21, 2010, retrieved October 26, 2010
- ^ Wilson, Aaron (September 15, 2010), "Jets sign Howard Green to two-year deal", NationalFootballPost.com, National Football Post, archived from the original on September 21, 2010, retrieved October 26, 2010
- ^ Cimini, Rich (October 26, 2010), "Jets make roster moves", ESPNNewYork.com, ESPN.com, archived from the original on October 29, 2010, retrieved October 26, 2010
- ^ Biggs, Brad (October 27, 2010), "Packers claim NT Howard Green off waivers from Jets", NationalFootballPost.com, National Football Post, archived from the original on March 18, 2012, retrieved October 28, 2010
- ^ Prada, Mike (February 6, 2011), Super Bowl XLV: Former Redskin Howard Green Causes Packers Interception, Touchdown, sbnation.com, retrieved February 6, 2011
- ^ "Green Bay Packers: Howard Green". Packers.com.
- Green Bay Packers bio
- Seattle Seahawks bio