|Position:||Offensive line coach|
|Born:|| (1964-06-11) June 11, 1964 (age 58)|
|As a player:|
|As a coach:|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com|
James Frederick Campen (born June 11, 1964) is a former American football center and current offensive line coach for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He played for the New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers.
He previously spent 11 seasons as the offensive line coach for the Packers who had seven Pro Bowl linemen during his tenure there. Campen left the Packers in 2019 to become associate head coach/offensive line coach with the Cleveland Browns, then coached offensive line for the Los Angeles Chargers in 2020. On March 10, 2021, Campen was hired as offensive line coach for the Houston Texans.
Campen graduated in 1982 from Ponderosa High School in Shingle Springs, California. At Ponderosa he made all metro and all-league his junior and senior years of school. He was also voted "all-decade" for the 1980's as an individual player. During a break from professional football Campen returned to Shingle Springs, California and coached for 10 years between 1994 and 2004 with five years as head coach. He also opened a hardware store in Shingle Springs, California. Now he lives with his family in Suamico, Wisconsin.
- ^ "James Campen Stats". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- ^ James Campen - Green Bay Packers Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- ^ "Chargers announce new coaching hires on offense". Bolts From The Blue. Retrieved February 4, 2020.
- ^ Br; on_Viera1 (February 4, 2020). "LA Chargers hire James Campen as offensive line coach". Bolt Beat. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- ^ Popper, Daniel. "Chargers' Shane Steichen and James Campen bring high school..." The Athletic. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- ^ Alper, Josh (February 4, 2020). "James Campen joining Chargers as OL coach". ProFootballTalk. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- ^ "Houston Texans Announce 2021 Assistant Coaching Staff". HoustonTexans.com. March 10, 2021. Retrieved March 10, 2021.
This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.